Saturday, August 05, 2006

Pretentious? Moi?

I thought I'd best explain the "Supermodel 2.0" label, before I get a reputation for being an "up myself wacko"!

A colleague and I are currently writing a paper for presentation at NLS2006, which picks up on the supermodel theme introduced by Andrew Booth in his March 2006 column of "Using Research in Practice". We thought being associated with anything to do with supermodels was hilarious, and have adopted the theme to get us through the year (and inject a ridiculous element into our paper ... it certainly isn't the dreaded stereotypical image of librarians, so why not give it a run down the catwalk!).

Anyway - all our talk of Web 2.0/Library 2.0/Librarian 2.0 last week, led us to nicknaming our project "Supermodel 2.0" ... and so was the first thing to come to mind when prompted for a name for this blog. Don't worry - we'll be over this joke soon, and onto something even more corny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home