Monday, August 14, 2006

del.icio.us tag cloud & link rolls

I've just experimented with the del.icio.us tag cloud facility, by adding it to the sidebar of Supermodel 2.0. I'm sure this has a really cool applied use, but I can see the link rolls being of more use for our site, at the moment.

I'd like to play around with trying to incorporate a list of links (& include the notes/tags for each) as a dynamic reading list/current awareness facility within the pages of our sites. I see from the link roll help screen you can even add a button for an RSS feed for readers to subscribe to if it is something useful for them. I reckon we could tag references with a specific tag to represent each "reading list", as we discover them and then just display the list of that particular tag in each list? To test, I'll try adding to the bottom of Supermodel 2.0 a list of the things I've tagged "read later" ... things I want to have a look at, but didn't have time when I came across them, and add a few links over the next couple of days and see if it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home