Thursday, September 07, 2006

Using bloglines for email lists

I've just followed the instructions Lori has posted at Learning Express to receive a Table of Contents alert in my Bloglines account for a journal I read, that does not have an RSS feed - only an email alert service.

This was a great find - I much prefer the idea of receiving eTOCs via Bloglines than in my email... especially those which will drop each article (the ones with an RSS feed I guess) as a separate entry so I can mark/keep the ones I do want to follow up on. My email has been getting bit out of control lately, so removing email alerts will help a lot.

My workgroup will be using Bloglines to collect the TOCS, and other alerts, for the journals we want to scan to keep our "Articles of Interest" feed current. Selected items from these alerts will be tagged in our del.icio.us account and automatically displayed in the page.

Another action implemented thanks to Learning 2.0 :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home