Sunday, August 27, 2006

Talking with Talis podcasts

I listened to couple of podcasts over the weekend by the Library 2.0 gang in the Talking with Talis series. I'm a nut for talking books in the car, so being able to listen to these discussions while driving to work, cooking dinner, typing my latest blog entry, or what else is going on, is great.

The first one - Introducing the Library 2.0 Gang - was a teleconference recorded 31 January 2006. What better way to learn more about the Library 2.0 discussion - than hearing it be discussed?! Panelists included Michael Casey, Michael Stephens, T. Scott Plutchak, & Thomas Brevik. When asked to define Library 2.o Michael Casey said something like "The Talking with Talis Library 2.0 Gang round table is what Library 2.0 is - a great big giant conversation made possible by new technology."

The second I listened to - Library 2.0 Mashup Gang (recorded mid-July) - gave me a better understanding of what mashups are ... but I'm still a little fuzzy - is it 2 or more systems coming together to produce something new ... or can it be as simple as a blogpost that imports a picture hosted at Flickr, and a podcast hosted at Odeo?

This is now planned to be a fortnightly discussion. I lookward to these, as well as catching up on the other ones from earlier this year.

3 Comments:

At 28 August, 2006 10:02, Blogger Lisa said...

wow - more interesting (9-5 type interesting!) podcasts at http://www.sirsidynixinstitute.com/archive.php

 
At 30 August, 2006 09:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't listened to that in a long time but I don't think I was supplying a definition of library 2.0 so much as trying to say that the large conversations are a very important part of library 2.0. Getting people to discuss library issues is, to me, part of the struggle. Thanks.

 
At 30 August, 2006 17:56, Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for the clarification Michael.

Imagine if the "talkers" from years gone by, had the facility to correct interpretations/clarify points the "listeners" had incorrectly/ambiguously cited them as having saying, as easily as Michael has done here. Cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home