Friday, September 08, 2006

PDFCreator - open source

I downloaded, installed, and successfully used the free PDFCreator today. Three of the PCs in our Library have the Adobe version ... but not the one at my desk! I don't need to create PDF files all the time, but often enough for it to be a real pain to kick one of my colleagues off their desk while I use their machine (especially Supermuddle's as her mouse is set up for left handed use!).

It was getting to point where I was weighing up my priorities before asking my boss to buy an extra licence, but now there is no need - PDFCreator does the job perfectly well & I can save my favour asking for something else!

1 Comments:

At 14 September, 2006 10:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this, I have been using OpenOffice (openoffice.org) to do this but it can't convert Publisher files. Can't wait to try this out!

Now if you find one that converts in reverse let me know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home